Diablo 3 Beta invites will be going out soon, so to be sure you’re eligible for the Diablo 3 Beta selection, make certain your Battle.net account settings are dialed in. Blizzard will likely be sending out Diablo 3 Beta invites sometime this month, basing their invites upon a mixture of random selection and desired user system specs. If you want to be one of the first few fans who get to experience Diablo 3 in its pre-release stage, then you’d better be certain your Battle.net account settings indicate your desire to enter Sanctuary and lay waste to the forces of evil.
First off, log into your Battle.net account. If you don’t have one, then create one and attach at least one Blizzard game to it. Opt-in for the free WoW trial, or just attach your old copy of Diablo II.
Once logged in, click on the Beta Profile Settings link to the right of the screen.
On the Beta Profile Settings page, be sure that Diablo Universe is checked, under the heading of “Beta Tests I’m Interested In”. Got that..? Good.
It’s also important that your system settings are current. If not, then download and run the System Check application.
Once you’ve gone through this checklist, then it’s just a matter of waiting, wishing and hoping. 😉
A few additional notes on the Diablo 3 Beta…
- All five classes will be playable in the beta (ie: Barbarian, Demon Hunter, Monk, Witch Doctor & Wizard).
- The beginning content all the way through the Skeleton King boss fight will be available.
- Diablo 3 PvP Arenas will not be available.
- The auction house will not be available right away, but there are plans to introduce it during the initial beta testing.
- Mac users will be eligible for beta selection. Yay..!
Blizzard has also announced that they will be giving away some Diablo 3 beta invites as prizes via website promotions and so forth, so if you don’t make it in right away, you might still have a chance.
Well what are you waiting for… go make sure your Battle.net account is sorted out and up-to-date..!