Here’s a quick rundown as to how the guaranteed legendary drop system is going to function in Reaper of Soul’s Campaign Mode.
Level 1-59 Characters
- Will receive 1 legendary item for the first kill of each Act’s end boss, i.e., The Butcher, Belial, Azmodan, Diablo, and Malthael.
- You may reset your quests and receive a guaranteed legendary from any of the above mentioned bosses as long as you are still level 59 or below.
- Legendary items begin at level 11, so you will likely not receive a legendary drop if you are level 10 or below when you register a first kill on an end boss.
Characters Level 60 and Above
- Diablo will always drop a bonus legendary item for level 60 players.
- At level 61 and higher, Diablo no longer drops a guaranteed legendary, but Malthael does.
- You must reset your quests in order to receive the bonus legendary item on subsequent kills.