- Increased the radius of “Strength in Numbers” (multiplayer buff) from 100 to 200 yards
- Gold Find on items will now stack multiplicatively with the Gold Find bonus provided from game difficulty
- This significantly increases the gold reward most players will see when playing on higher difficulty levels or wearing Gold Find gear.
- Example: Suppose you are playing on Master (+200% Gold Find) and have 50% Gold Find awarded from items. A pile of gold drops that would normally be 50 gold. Your Difficulty bonus increases the 50 gold to 150 gold. Your 50% Gold Find will now increase the 150 gold to 225 gold.
- The 300% Gold Find cap applied to items and Paragon Points has been removed
- The Vote Kick system has received several changes to make it less restrictive:
- Vote Kicking is now available after you have been in a game for 2 minutes (down from 5 minutes)
- Killing a champion or rare pack no longer disables vote kicking for 15 seconds
- After a boss kill, vote kicking is disabled for 15 seconds (down from 3 minutes)
- Some additional restrictions were also relaxed
- Known Issue: The tooltip will not reflect these changes
- Tyrael will now chat about his poor eating habits with less frequency
Key Changes were made to 2 active Barb abilities: Rend & Seismic Slam. In addition, a few select Runes received buffs to help make certain ability/rune combos more appealing for certain builds.
To see the complete list of Barb changes, please refer to the official 2.0.5 patch notes.
Crusaders received a much-deserved makeover. For a complete list of the improvements, please see the Crusader portion of the official 2.0.5 patch notes.
Demon Hunters were adjusted slightly to improve survivability. Grenade and Hungering Arrow abilities were also slightly rebalanced. See the official Patch 2.0.5 post for details.
Monk abilities underwent many changes to encourage players to experiment with different damage type builds. The changes were also implemented to open up more options for spirit spending abilities. The list of Monk changes in 2.0.5 are pretty extensive. Please refer to the official notes for full details.
As with all of the classes, the Witch Doctor received changes to select runes in order to enhance the effectiveness of builds that focus on a specific damage type. Fetish Sycophants, Haunt & Locust Swarm had their mechanics reworked to provide for more consistent damage. In addition, Witch Doctor mobility was improved.
Wizards saw some adjustments to specific runes, most notably a change to the mechanics for Teleport / Wormhole. See the full list of Patch 2.0.5 Wizard changes here.
A host of item buffs and bug fixes were added in Patch 2.0.5. See the official notes for details.
- Now have an increased chance to drop Legendary items on Torment II – VI
- Lowered rewards for Hell Rift Bounties in Act IV
- Can now drop Torment only Legendary items
- Will now always give you weapon types that your character can equip with an emphasis on class specific weapon types
- Bug Fix: Fixed an issue causing Kadala to sometimes give common quality Crusader Shields
- Increased the number of Blood Shards that can drop from Horadric Caches
- The number of Blood Shards dropped by Rift Guardians on Torment II – VI now increases with each level of difficulty
- Greatly increased the drop rate of Legendary crafting plans
- Malthael will now always drop the plan for Reapers’ Wraps when killed at level 60 or higher if the player does not have the recipe, instead of only on the first kill
- Legendary crafted recipes no longer require specific Common armors or weapons and instead now require Common crafting materials
- Sovereign Rings and Amulets now require Marquise gems instead of Imperial gems
- Unsocket costs for top tier gems have been reduced
- Flawless Imperial: 150k to 125k gold
- Royal: 250k to 150k gold
- Flawless Royal: 500k to 175k gold
- It is no longer possible for the same affix to be randomly selected as the replacement for both of your new rolls
- When Enchanting an item, the original affix will now be forced into the pool of possible replacement affixes
- This will allow Legendary items with affixes that are normally unavailable on that slot to roll for that affix when Enchanting
- Bug Fix: Fixed an issue preventing items from being properly marked as enchanted when starting the Enchanting process
- Followers are now available at level 1 in Adventure Mode
- Reduced Wrath regeneration from 1.8 to 1.1 per second
UI, Bug Fixes and Quality of Life Improvements
Patch 2.0.5 also brought with it a bunch of little fixes and improvements to make game play more enjoyable and efficient. See these improvements here, starting with the changes applied to Monsters – most notably the update which prevents monsters from spawning with highly undesirable affix combinations.
Lastly, Chiltara will now spawn more often in 2.0.5. That is great news for those of you wanting to craft the Staff of Herding!